Time to Completion
|Pharmacist and Pharmacy Technician
Frances M. Colón Pratts, Pharm D., CDCES
Meriel Alvarado Torres, Pharm.D
At the end of the CPE activity the participants will be able to:
- Present the signs, symptoms, causes, and risk factors associated with dry eye disease.
- Mention non-pharmacological alternatives, over-the-counter medications, and prescription medications used in the management of dry eye syndrome.
- Identify candidates for self-care and self-medication of dry eye and recognize situations in which a patient should be referred to an eye specialist.
- Explain the proper administration techniques for eye drops and ointments used in the management of dry eye.
- Describe the role of the pharmacist in the management of dry eye disease.
Some content in program.
Some content in instructor.