|Available Date||April 2, 2020 • 6:00 PM|
|Time to Completion||45 Days|
|Audience||Pharmacist and Pharmacy Technician|
Francisco Nelson Alvarado Meléndez, MD
ON DEMAND / online www.cfpr.org
Home study (Video Pre Grabado a Distancia)
ACPE Code: 0151-0000-20-002-H01-P/T
At the end of the CPE activity the participants will be able to:
1. Recognize the benefit to patients and healthcare workers in adhering to scientifically accepted principles and practices of infection prevention and control.
2. Recognize non-specific disease findings that should prompt the evaluation of healthcare workers.
3. List strategies for preventing transmission of pathogenic organisms (HIV, HCV, HBV, TB).
4. Describe specific measures to prevent transmission of bloodborne pathogens from patient to patient, healthcare worker to patient, and the patient to the healthcare worker.
5. Describe the circumstances that require the use of barriers and personal protective equipment to prevent patient or healthcare worker contact with potentially infectious material.
6. Identify occupational health strategies for preventing transmission of bloodborne pathogens and other communicable diseases in healthcare workers.
7. Recognize the pharmacist's responsibility to adhere to scientifically accepted infection prevention and control practices in all healthcare settings and the consequences of failing to comply.
8. Describe and recognize novel virus coronavirus strain COVID19 and compare it with other viral infections. Know how aggressive it could be a viral infection if not identified.
Some content in program.
Some content in instructor.